Samsung unveils two-platter, 1TB hard drive for notebooks

By Jos
Jun 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Flash based storage is starting to gain some ground on slim laptops like Apple's MacBook Air and Samsung's 9 Series, and we imagine it will get a significant boost if…

Read the whole story
  2. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TechSpot Booster Posts: 343   +34

I think "Eco" is the new prefix meaning "crap-like performance".
  3. example1013

example1013 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 280

High performance tech uses more energy. This is a fact. Look at how much power an HD 6990 uses. Sure, you've got the best graphics card around there, but it also uses a ridiculous amount of energy compared to a low-end card.
  4. <3 Samsung
  5. I found to expensive. We are in 2011 and the pricing for so-dimm and 2.5 inch drives are still high.
    Did you know so-dimm has less pcb than udimm and 2.5 inch HDD are one of third cost less to builld comparing to 3.5 inch drives. Before 2010 Laptop market share is smaller and higher and price was valid. But last two years Laptop market share is come about 90 percent and still RAM and Drives price so high. I think It's called price fixing. We have to wait some Senator take a look ohh.. in this economy waiting is our business.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.