Samsung updates Series 3, 5 and 9 laptops: Ivy Bridge, USB 3.0 and Bluetooth 4.0 on select models

By Shawn Knight
Jun 7, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung held a press conference in New York to announce updates to their Series 3, Series 5 and Series 9 notebooks. In addition to updates across the board, the electronics...

Read the whole story
  2. Zeromus

Zeromus TS Booster Posts: 224   +7

I want the latter! The one with a discrete GPU, I just hope it weights light.
  3. From the picture it looks like they are doing the keyboard right (with the full width numpad zero key) but the screen doesn't look like it is a matte IPS display. Notebook manufacturers really have to step up their game in this regard.

I would hope the new 15" model comes with a kepler 660M and optimus. If I'm buying a laptop to game occasionally with, that is the GPU minimum that I would need. If I'm buying a laptop just to surf the internet with, then I might as well just get the Asus UX31 with the top quality IPS matte display. Anything in between is a compromise for virtually everyone - you know this is true.