TechSpot

Samsung wins injunction appeal against Apple in Australia

By Leeky
Nov 30, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Barely a few days go by without news surfacing about Apple and Samsung as they feud in courts across the world. If you've been following the whole ordeal, you'll probably…

Read the whole story

2. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 881   +130

It has taken over a month to realize that a judge didn't complete her review of the case? This is absurd. It caused Samsung to miss out on black Friday and cyber Monday in Australia...

3. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Maniac Posts: 368   +51

Here is to hoping that Australians realize that Apple's attempt to take a competitor out of the market using the law (and probably using some bribery) is a desperate attempt to keep a stranglehold on the market against superior products. With a little bit of luck, the attention Apple has brought to Samsung will boost sales to make up for time lost.

4. I don't think missing the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales hurt Samsung being that profit margins take a huge hit during those days. Glad the ban is finally going to be lifted as there is no precedence in Apple's case, as was determined by the Australian courts. Great "win" for Samsung and this should make other companies realize they don't have to take Apple's crap.

5. I hope Samsung succeeds. Regardless of which device you like, competition is good for everyone.

6. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,059   +76

Unfortunately, Galaxy Tab isn't a 'superior' product when compared with Apple's offering, for one simple reason i.e. Android. If it was able to deliver a compelling user experience, Android tablets would already be making reasonably significant dent on iPad sales, which they aren't ......

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.