SanDisk ships its smallest USB drive in North America

Matthew DeCarlo

SanDisk has launched its smallest USB 2.0 flash drive in North America. The paperclip-sized storage device weighs around the same as a penny and it can hold roughly as much data as your desktop PC from the late 90s. The Cruzer Blade ships in four capacities, including 2GB ($14.99), 4GB ($21.99), 8GB ($38.99), and 16GB ($77.99). Mind you, those are the company's recommended prices, but they're selling for much less at the moment. Amazon currently has the 16GB model listed at $31 with free shipping.

SanDisk designed the drive to give users an extremely compact way of keeping music, pictures, documents and other data on-hand at all times, allowing it to be accessed on various systems and devices throughout the day. Given its size, you'll probably lose it the first time you toss it in a bag or set it down on a messy desk, but there does appear to be a small hole to attach the Cruzer Blade to a key chain or cell phone dongle.

Update: As noted in the comments, there are even smaller flash drives available by other companies, which may or may not be available in North America. Tricky wording by SanDisk for sure.

Permalink to story.

That thing it's huge! For me, the smallest usb drives are Super Stick Mini from Kingmax :)

Too failure-prone.
Until they make them reliable, and figger out how to stop the lost data and the unrecoverable data of damaged ones, they will never get my vote.

On the other hand, I today received a Western Digital 640 GB external USB drive that works on a USB 2.0 or 3.0 cable. It's cost was under $60 including shipping. It is very fast.

If this external USB flash memory drive is as good as promised, I don't care how many tiny drives they product that do not work.

Huh. Just only released....? I've owned this flash drive for ages already. >_> Strapped it with a long landyard so that it never gets lost lol.

In my opinion they work just fine and perfect. I've not had any problems with the Cruzer Blade o.o

This is just too stupid, I have to comment on it.

@Per Hansson read this line, and I'll tell you what's important: SANDISK LAUNCHES ITS SMALLEST USB FLASH DRIVE IN NORTH AMERICA

The word "its" is what you should be looking at. The three products you linked aren't from Sandisk, so they don't matter here. Sandisk are saying that their smallest usb flash drive is now being sold in North America, not the smallest ever. What have you been smoking?

@Matthew DeCarlo "Tricky wording by SanDisk for sure." Nope, they've worded it fine. All you have to do is read it properly.

Back