SATA hard drive not recognized

hello, i just purchased a 120 gb ssd and installed windows 7 64 bit on my computer. I had a sata drive before with windows 7 64 bit too. Now that i want to make the sata my slave drive it does not show up in my computer. I have to say that i wanted to clean the sata drive and uninstall windows 7 and just use it for storage, so what i did was to insert my windows 7 disc and i deleted the operating system from there and then i quit the installation. is there anything i can do to make my sata drive appear in my computer and use it as a storage/application drive?

I already tried to connect both drives with only one sata cable that has connection for master and slave but it does not work and it does not work either with 2 separate cables.

What computer/mobo model?
SATA drives don't use a Master/Slave designation. They are connected to channels (0,1, etc.). I can't quite imagine what cable you found that has two SATA connectors.
Make sure the relevant channels are enabled in the BIOS.

i have a p6t deluxe v2, i haven't updated the bios because it's too complicated for me but when i go to bios the hard drive is enabled and in windows disk management it does show it but it's unallocated. The only options when i right click i get are new simple volume,Convert to dynamic disk,convert to GPT disk,and offline. it doesn't let me change the letter either. thanks!

HARD DRIVE SAYS: location 1 (Channel 0, Target 1, Lun 0)

Disk 1
Type: Basic
partition style: Master Boot Record

Back