Feb 14, 2007
  1. New Build-- Jan. 2007

Intel motherboard---BoxDG965WHMKR P965-retail
    CPU- Intel E6600
    MEM 1Gx2 Corsair Twin2x2048-6400 R
    VGA EVGA 7900GS K0
    Hard Drives-- WD 74GB sata and WD 250GB sata
    OS- Vista Ultimate

Everything seemed to work fine on the new build for a week or so. That is until I installed a promise
    ultra 100 tx2 pci controler where I could add another hard drive(ide drive) Well, after that the system
    would not even boot until I removed the pci controller card. Also, when it did boot, found no operating
    system. I rebooted into bios and my two sata hard drives were missing. I have tried everything I can
    but the bios will not recognize the sata hard drives anymore. However, the sata dvd-rw is recognized
    and works fine. I have cleared cmos, have updated to new bios again, reinstalled drivers, still no sata hd in bios.
    I even installed winxp pro on a (ide hd ,using the only one slot this mb has ) and everything works fine on winxp
    but still bios will not recognize neither of my two sata hard drives. When I installed the ultra 100 controller in the
    pci slot, did it mixup my controller drivers for the sata or what????????????????????? Have worked on this problem
    almost 3 days. Any help would be very much appreshiated............

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

First, if the BIOS can't find the drives, then your problem has got nothing to do with any software, including operating systems and drivers.

Try your SATA drives one at a time in another computer to make sure that they actually work.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.