SATA HDD issues- please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm hoping someone might be able to offer me some advice regarding my attempts at setting up a RAID0 configuration.

I recently bought a pair of 200Gb Seagate SATA drives, and I am *trying* to get them installed. I copied the SATA drivers from my mobo CD to a floppy, plugged in the two drives and successfully (I believe) pointed the windows installation to the drivers.

The problem is that, at some point during the 'copying files' part of the installation process, it freezes. It's not the same % completion that it crashes on, and it's not the same file. I've tried different copies of XP, but that doesn't do it.

I'm sure I've got the right drivers (unless Gigabyte are prone to putting the wrong ones on their CDs), BIOS recognises the drives fine.

I've tried just one drive, but that doesn't work either! I'm highly confused, and really hoping someone might be able to help me out in some way. Is it possible that there's a fault on the mobo?

Thanks very much :)

Wow- thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry, should have mentioned before, I've already upgraded the BIOS, and while it's not working with the SATA drives I've got it running on an IDE and everything's peachy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back