Sata main drive ide slave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im having a bit of an issue..when i post i get a "verfying dmi pool data" message and the pc proceeds to post..i've googled it but only seen problems where the pc never posts..so im here thinking that maybe i dont have the hardrives set up correctly..the main sata drive is in port 4 on the motherboard(port 2 and 3 are blocked by my huge video card and the pc wont post if i put it in port 1) i have a ide hd and ide dvd burner which i have on one channel..the hd is set to master..and the dvd burner is set to slave..am i doing anything wrong?

kimsland said:
Everything looks Ok

So it then posts, and Windows starts ok ?

If so, all's ok

Yeah it posts..which is weird..i wanna get rid of the message since it stays up for about 30 seconds and slows down boot time

Try CS on the IDE HardDrive and Burner

Or download and run Memtest, either create a bootable floppy (preferred) or a bootable CD. Run Memtest for 7 Passes (this can take many hours, by the way)

Also if you detach the single IDE cable from the Motherboard does it boot up quickly?

memtest freezes up my system for some reason..

i looked into the bios and my slave ide drive is labled "ide channel 0 master" and the sata drive with the os on it is labled ide channel 3 master..could that be the issue..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back