SATA not working properly with ABIT IS7

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingross

I just bought a bunch of stuff to build a new computer and i've had nothing but bad luck. First I went through 2 sets of stuff and ended up with 2 bad motherboards and 1 bad video card. Now I am borrowing some of my friend's stuff so that I can have a computer to use while i am waiting for newegg to return my stuff. So my latest bad luck is with the harddrives. I have these 2 SATA hds (both are WD3200KS) and they wont work properly with the mobo (ABIT IS7). Everytime i hook them up they kick the optical drives off and then they dont show up in windows. Do any of you know how i could fix that? Well thanks for any help you guys can give me in my perilous journey towards having a decent computer.

yeah I have seen that problm before with the IS7 boards. first make sure that you have the latest bios for the board. the bios that shipped with the boards did not support sata hard drives properly. Abit has newer bios that does support them. second make sure that you have the settings in the bios for both Sata and PATA to be enabled. if I remeber correctly it is referred to as "enhanced".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back