Sata to usb problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
i purchased a buffalo external hard drive and the power plug burned out. i then took out the hard drive and purchased a inland usb 2.0 to ide/sata cable for it so i can access the files i have stored on it. i connected every thing correctly but it never showed in the my computer section. i then went to my computer right clicked on it and went to manage. i click on disk management and my regular drive pops up and everything is fine. but my sata drive doesnt show. i then look at the bottom of my hard drive and it says disk 0 basic and the size and then it says online. right under that is my external hard drive it says disk 1 unkown and unreadable . has any erver had this problem before please some one help me i have very important files on this hard drive thanx....

was the buffalo an 'external drive' or was it a 'nas drive'? The difference is in the file format of the disks.

Hi,

I'd be willing to wager if you get a Linux LiveCD (Ubuntu, PCLinux07, etc) and run it with the drive plugged in ti will read the contents and you'll be bale to get the info off. Once done copying the info off reformat it and it should be fine after that.

Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back