Scan Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had found a virus called gadcom.exe, which caused me to begin scanning my computer
And my anti-virus (at the time AVG) hadn't been able to provide any solution to the issue, so I found the 8-step forum and completed it
And during the process I found that I had multiple other problems

gadcom had been causing my Windows Automatic Updates to become disabled and I could not enable it, my virtual memory was low because of the explorer.exe process that it was running through, and I could not fix the problem

After the 8-steps my computer seems to be running a lot more quickly, but I don't think the problem has been removed.

I will attach my logs.

During the 8-Step Program™, had you remembered to shut off the System Restore? If so, do this...

Shut off System Restore again. Reboot and head back into Safe Mode. Run Malwarebytes and Avira, again, and let them clean/delete/quarantine anything they find.

Once that finishes, reboot and head back into a normal Windows session (non-safe mode). Run the scans again and report back here.

The logs you posted, as you suspected, are NOT clean. There are several detections by all of the programs you used. About the only way to zap them is to make sure System Restore has been disabled... otherwise, the infection(s) cannot be cleaned properly (since Windows considers the System Restore as "in use," the files are locked when the service is running).

Good luck!

I usually say turn off System Restore once completed cleanup

By the way:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1612
Is the old version, you need to update it, before scanning

Please update Malwarebytes
Then run another full scan

Glad you have Avira now :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back