Scariest PC expirence ever

sllewe

15 minutes ago.....I just had the scariest thing ever. I was adding a HDD cooler to my rig, and after getting everything mounted, it would not boot, obviously somthing was shorting. So i went back and thorugh a process of elimination i found out that it was a 80mm blue antec exaust fan. It was hooked up thourgh a adapter that plugged it in via a molex. So i uplugged the conector to see if it would work in the 3 pin on my mobo. This is where it gets scary....

I plugged it in and proceded to boot, next thing i know my mother board starts emitting a show of sparks, and i started flipping out...i insticivley ent for the power swtich which did not work, so i went for the outlet. After removing the fan, everyhitn works fine, but i am still shaking

A still shaking
sean

I had something similar with my PSU, but unfortunately for me it fried the mobo. Luckily I sent it back DOA :) But I can imagine what you are going through. You are truely lucky you didn't screw something up worse than you did.

Thankfully

Yea i checked throughly nothing looked bad, and every thing works ok...thank goodness

Sean

had a real scary experience today, the pc suddenly went dead , nothing was working imean nothing just the light was continuesly blinking,

after some fiddling around found that the moniter plug was(i dont know if that was the real cause yet) after fixing that the computer started and gave an error that bios is corrupted nxt time around the pc started but the my windows did not startup
non of the options(safe mode, safe mode with networking ............) worked kept on restarting

now searching for that elusive win xp cd to repair the system.

hope it works still little suspisious what caused it, was working fine yesterday before i slept got up in the morning and suddenly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn :mad:

Back