Sci-Fi FPS recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know any good Science Fiction First Person Shooters (like DOOM 3, Area 51, HALO...) :D they don't have to be survival horror, just shooters. And not too harsh on the graphics, please (i have a laptop) :)

Funny you should ask on this day in particular, because Raven Software's Singularity just released. It's a first person shooter with some sci-fi and horror elements. It uses the Unreal Engine too so it should be plenty scalable for less powerful systems. I just started playing it earlier and so far it's loads of fun, check it out! Sounds like it's just what you're looking for...

www.singularity-game.com

Left 4 Dead is definitely FPS game although it is also definitely survival, horror. I haven't tried Left 4 Dead 2 yet, however. It uses the Source engine I believe.

I recommend the Orange Box if you haven't played that before as its by far a must own game for any PC gamer. You'll get three great games including Half Life 2, Half Life 2 Episode 1 & Half Life 2 Episode 2. It's a very arcade style shooter like Doom and it's a lot of fun. On top of that you'll also get Team Fortress 2 an online shooter and you'll get Portal a first person action based puzzle game with great humor. Both range from $30 retail to $20 digital on Steam and run great on older hardware.

Two other games you might be interested in are Quake 4 and Prey both based on the same game engine as Doom 3 (id tech 4). The Prey story line however is much more engaging.

^not a FPS but one of the best Science Fiction games available; one of my personal favorites :)

I meant to post back in this thread about a game called Penumbra. You could also try FEAR series... although the second one wasn't nearly as good as the original.

Love all the Half Life games and even the latest on will run on a mid-range graphics card at full resolution. Wolfenstein is pretty good too. The graphics engine is dated so it doesnt need a very powerful card. The 2 Star Trek Elite Force games were great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back