Screen becomes fuzzy and it freezes in Vista

By shari
Jun 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,
    I am having this problem recently...whenever I am watching video in youtube
    or talking in skype, my entire laptop screen becomes fuzzy and then it cursor/keyboard...nothig works. I can only get rid off it by turning the power off.
    I have the feeling it might have something to do with removed it...but
    still it happened! I have dual-boot systems (Vista+ windows 7)..I hardly used
    Windows 7 as my laptop does not support it I checked if it also happens in Windows does not.

I do not know how can I get rid off THIS PROBLEM:

Any help will be very much appreciated.

2. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TS Evangelist Posts: 777   +57

Try updating the video driver. You should be able to find it on your laptop vendor's site.
  3. shari

shari TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks. I have already done that. I have removed Adobe flash player and i am
    not getting the problem anymore. But I must use flah player as many applications need it... what should I do now?

4. Rabbit01

So, you need an alternative to Adobe Flash Player to play FLV or SWF files? VLC and MPC-HC can play FLV files. I haven't had the need to play SWF files, so I don't have any suggestions. Check out what's listed here: player&platform=windows
  5. shari

Thanks. No, I am not concerend playing in my laptop......but many sites (e.g. youtube) and application (yahoo msnger, skype etc) requires Adobe flash player!!
  6. Rabbit01

I see, didn't know about Yahoo messenger & Skype. Sorry, don't have an answer for you. Hopefully someone else does. I guess you've already tried updating Flash to the latest and still experienced problem afterward?
  7. shari

Yes, I updated flash to its latest version and still I am having the problem! :(
    It has something to do with my graphic card (NVIDIA) do I troubleshoot my
    graphic card?

8. Rabbit01