Screen becomes fuzzy and it freezes in Vista

Hi,
I am having this problem recently...whenever I am watching video in youtube
or talking in skype, my entire laptop screen becomes fuzzy and then it freezes....my cursor/keyboard...nothig works. I can only get rid off it by turning the power off.
I have the feeling it might have something to do with flash-player....so removed it...but
still it happened! I have dual-boot systems (Vista+ windows 7)..I hardly used
Windows 7 as my laptop does not support it 100%...so I checked if it also happens in Windows 7....it does not.

I do not know how can I get rid off THIS PROBLEM:

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sharif

Try updating the video driver. You should be able to find it on your laptop vendor's site.

Thanks. I have already done that. I have removed Adobe flash player and i am
not getting the problem anymore. But I must use flah player as many applications need it... what should I do now?

Thanks
Shari

Thanks. I have already done that. I have removed Adobe flash player and i am
not getting the problem anymore. But I must use flah player as many applications need it... what should I do now?

Thanks
Shari

So, you need an alternative to Adobe Flash Player to play FLV or SWF files? VLC and MPC-HC can play FLV files. I haven't had the need to play SWF files, so I don't have any suggestions. Check out what's listed here: http://alternativeto.net/SearchResult.aspx?profile=all&search=swf player&platform=windows

So, you need an alternative to Adobe Flash Player to play FLV or SWF files? VLC and MPC-HC can play FLV files. I haven't had the need to play SWF files, so I don't have any suggestions.

Thanks. No, I am not concerend playing in my laptop......but many sites (e.g. youtube) and application (yahoo msnger, skype etc) requires Adobe flash player!!

I see, didn't know about Yahoo messenger & Skype. Sorry, don't have an answer for you. Hopefully someone else does. I guess you've already tried updating Flash to the latest and still experienced problem afterward?

I see, didn't know about Yahoo messenger & Skype. Sorry, don't have an answer for you. Hopefully someone else does. I guess you've already tried updating Flash to the latest and still experienced problem afterward?

Yes, I updated flash to its latest version and still I am having the problem! :(
It has something to do with my graphic card (NVIDIA)...how do I troubleshoot my
graphic card?

Thanks

Back