Screen blank on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished on a new system for the wife..and upon first start up, of course, there is a problem. All the fans kick on every time I boot, but after turning things on and off so many times as I've troubleshot... I estimate the CD-Rom and HD only come about half the boots. I'll get a beep on the times the HD and CD drives start. Unfortunately, even when I get a beep and both drives fire up I still have a blank monitor claiming it has no signal.

-I've swapped RAM.
-I've tested the monitor.
-I've tried both the video card and onboard mobo video.
-I've unplugged to bare minimum hardware.
-I've reset CMOS.
-I've plugged and replugged about everything a dozen times.

I've just run out of any ideas. Any help or advice is so appreciated. I'm a bit new at this so I hope I've missed something easy. I'd do anything to have some display so I could at least see my bios.

System specs-
1G Patriot PC6400 DDR2 RAM
AMD A64 x2 6000+ CPU
MSI K9AGM2-FIH Mobo
Ultra V Series 500w PSU
BFG 8400GS 256MB PCI-Express Vid Card

Man that sucks. I'm having the same prob. There's a 4 pin CPU power connector on that board. I would make sure thats plugged in. I've read in forums to check RAM, CPU, PSU, CMOS. In that order. Try one stick of RAM also. Wish I could help more but I'm having the same prob...

If all the power connectors are hooked up to the motherboard, can you try to substitute a known good power supply as a test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back