TechSpot

Screen display problems

By TechGamer
Jun 8, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. so hello guys lately ive been getting some problems with my visual not those big problems though some times when I am playing or eighter just roaming the internet or desktop the screen turns black and gets back on and when I turn the pc on at first I hear some wierd noise from the motherboard what does this mean im frying my gfx card? its just a geforce 6200 which is getting scrapped with a new motherboard so just to know the problem
  2. ITLogicSystems

ITLogicSystems TS Enthusiast Posts: 106

Ok, ANY strange noises or high pitched sounds from a PC is something to be concerned with - it could be trouble. My advice, shut down your tower, unhook everything, take it outside & blow all the dust out of it! you'll need like 3 or 4 cans of air (b/c they freeze up bout 1/2 way, need to rotate) or an air compressor w/ the regulator set no higher than 45psi. Once you have the tower cleaned out, get to a very well lit area, or get a bright flash light, expect the system board, graphics cards, any expansion cards, spin fans with your finger, they should spin freely and continue to spin just a bit after. if fans are tight, replace them. on the system board, look for swollen capacitors (they look like little 1/3" barrels sticking up on the circuit boards see image) - specifically around the heatsink of the CPU - this is where the voltage regular is for the system board. if any of the capacitors are swollen, or oozing black or while slimly looking stuff - be wary. if you have a camera, post a pic or two if you find swollen/oozing or questionable capacitors. if you have none, great! if all your fans are spinning freely, great! Just keep an ear & eye out for issues as such. FYI keeping the inside of the PC clear of dust & debris keeps it running cool. hope this helps, take care!

Attached Files:

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.