TechSpot

Screen drags when playing video games or minimizing

By thomja
Aug 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. hello

I just got a new TV and ive connected it to my computer.

Everything worked fine the first day but the second day i got this wierd problem that my screen gets dragged when im playing games or minimizing my browser or other programs...

abit hard to explain but heres a video... Watch what happens when i close google chrome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2-driwkdIM

it might be because of my old graphics card which is a ATI radeon 4650

I really hope thats not the problem but if it is its not that big of a deal since ive ordered a new one

thanks for any help provided

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Updated video card drivers?

3. thomja

thomja TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 87

Yea but ima check if there is any newer ones

But i updatd it with steam a month ago

4. SNGX1275

If there aren't newer ones, it might be worth completely uninstalling the current ones and installing a version or 2 old.

5. thomja

thomja TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 87

but dont you think that the problem is the graphics card? thats its too old to handle this?

6. SNGX1275

Not unless the card itself is failing, which of course is a possibility. I've seen similar corruption but without the movement on one of my systems. I forget all the details but I had a quite lengthy thread on it here. It was with an nvidia card and as far as I could gather it was just a general incompatibility between the card, motherboard, and OS. Change any one of the three and the problem went away.

Your card is not "too old" to handle minimizing.