Screen flickers and turns black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

This is my first post here, so please excuse me if I have created this thread in the wrong place. For quite some time (perhaps about two-three months) my screen has been flickering and turning black at random times. Sometimes my screen will be fine for a few days in a row, and then it might flicker for a few minutes and eventually just turn black. Usually what I do is turn it off and on a few times and eventually it returns normal. The thing is, I know it is still turned on because my music player will still operate, and it is a lighter shade of black, meaning I can still faintly see what was on my screen. Further, I initially thought it was an issue related to my charger being wrecked, but I have since replaced this and the problem persists. My guess is that it is some sort of virus, which I am basing on my quick reading of some other websites where others have reported similar problems. I'm really not a tech whiz, so does anyone have any suggestions?

Any input will be highly appreciated.

:)

I'm not very well versed in this area, but it does sound like a case of a faulty monitor since your programs run as per normal during those flickers.. You might wish to post more details on your specs and age of your hardware.
Have you tried replacing the monitor for testing?

Well, my laptop is about two years old. If it were an issue with the monitor, wouldn't it be odd that it functions normally for the majority of the time? I could be completely wrong, and please correct me if I am. As I said I'm not a whiz when it comes to such things.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Oh its a laptop.. I'm pretty sure its not related to your power because your programs still function as usual. Personally I help out alot at the malware removal forums here, and this doesn't even sound remotely malware-related.

It does sound like its related to your monitor - more of a hardware problem. Perhaps the other memebrs may have more to offer in their comments. I would think you need to bring your laptop to the shop/manufacturer. Do you still have your warrant valid?

What happens if you flip the screen back and forth while it is off?

There is a wire or contacts in the hinge.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back