Screen freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Im not sure if this is the right forum to ask this or not, but I have been having a problem with my laptop. I just bought an HP Pavillion from Circuit city (it was considered an open box so I got it cheaper). Well everytime I try to play a game whether its from a disk or off the the internet.. I would get this weird screen (it has part of the game shot in it) and then I cant do anything except reboot my computer by pressing the power button.

Does anyone know what is wrong? Thanks in advance!

well im not so sure as its simple as this but does your new laptop have any graphics memory? processng speed of you CPU might be too low but to help it would be nice if you posted the specs of your new labtop on this topic, Thanks! P.S. if its a floor model its going to have a lot of problems but nothing your warrenty can't fix!

Thanks for replying. Where do I find the specs that is needed to know? What common types of problems do display models have? I have also noticed that it will do the same thing when Im trying to load photos on photobucket if thats any help.

Does it appear that the screen itself is broken? Is it warped or distorted?

As for your specs. HP Pavillion is the first part of the model name, do you see any stickers under the laptop that may refer to the model? Something like HP Pavilion dv9700.

If it is anything to do with your specs laptops are hard to upgrade other than memory so in either case I would try to bring it back for a refund or pick up a new one, sorry to say. =p

The screen itself looks fine and I only have the problem with games and uploading pics. The game will freeze and then I will get a screen with zig zags across it and the only thing I can do is reboot. Sometimes I dont get a screen like this.. sometimes the screen just goes black, It is an HP Pavillion dv6605us. The store accepts returns up to 14 days and I just got it last week, so I guess I'll be taking it back. Now I know next time not to go for a bargain when it comes to a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back