Screen goes blank with new video card

after removing old drivers, installed new video card radeon hd5570 and turned on computer. the screen stays blank, fans run, but computer does nothing else. cannot use dvd drive also. i have 600 watt ps.,2 gig memory,pentium 4. can any one help me get this card to work

Have you got an old card you can put back in or use the onboard graphics (if it has any)?

Without any graphics output there is not much that can be done, do you see the POST screen or anything when you boot up?

Video card installation problem

i removed a radeon x1300 video card from the slot, i also can use the onboard video card, they both work , i turn on the computer and the screen is totally blank,
no sounds or beeps with the new card.

Sounds like you may have a faulty card. When you uninstalled the old drivers did you check for and remove any related software? If yes, then the only other thing you could try is putting the card into another PC, but I doubt it will be any different, even with the wrong drivers I would expect some video output.

What kind of motherboard do you have? Does it have a PCI-E lane? The X1300 is a PCI card, isn't the 5570 a PCI-E card?

I thought I may have missed something for a moment. If you check the specs of the two cards you will find they both use the same slot PCIe X16. Had they been different they would not fit the mobo unless there was an alternative slot available as PCI and PCIe or not interchangeable .

I thought I may have missed something for a moment. If you check the specs of the two cards you will find they both use the same slot PCIe X16. Had they been different they would not fit the mobo unless there was an alternative slot available as PCI and PCIe or not interchangeable .
Ah, you're right. After looking at the spec from AMD's website, I saw that the x1300 do run on PCI-E. The newegg product threw me off.

I would come into the conclusion of a faulty card.

Not a problem :)

I think we both agree the card is a bad one and should be returned.

My only other thought is, does it have a connection for a seperate power supply which may not be connected.

i thought the card might be bad myself so i sent it back to newegg and this is the second one i have from them. the computer is a hp presario sr2170nx, other info on the motherboard is ata100, hp p/n 5188-6734, product # rk549aa-aba, the motherboard has ddr2, video card has ddr3. i hope any of this info helps, and thanks for the many replys.

As far as I can see there is no reason why this card should not work.

As I suggested earlier see if you can test it in another PC as that may atleast confirm if it is a problem with your PC, which looks fairly unlikely as the other card still works.

I suppose there is a slim chance a batch of bad cards have slipped out of the factory.

You might consider taking the card to a computer repair shop and asking them to test it for you if you can't get access to another PC.

try a different PCI slot. You could be dealing with SEVERE bottleneck issues with that GPU, I'd go with a GT 240. Can you afford a used 5770?

Back