TechSpot

Screen goes into energy saving mode when connected

By baver
Mar 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I have tried to connect two different monitors to a CPU. A LG Flatron L1915S that just goes into power saving mode when started and a Samsung syncmaster 225bw that gives a message "check cable".

Both monitors work on other CPUs. The current CPU does not have a VGA connection. With an adaptor I can connect a VGA or a DVI cable (Flatron only have VGA possibility).

I guess the problem is in the CPU but how can I troubble-shoot? Is it the graphics card (how do I check that?) or can I somehow adjust the monitors to accept the signal from the CPU?

2. mike1959

mike1959 TS Addict Posts: 1,123   +22

Can you give some more info about what you are using?
    Is your PC a known make and model, or is it built up by you?
    Both of your monitors are telling you that they are not getting any input, in different ways, and I am guessing you are using a separate Graphic card in an AGP or PCI-express slot on the motherboard.
    You say your PC does not have a VGA output, so you only have a choice of one Graphic card, and socket.
    So in that case, you have to try it in another pc, OR get a different card to try in your pc.
    Can you say if your card has worked before? In your PC or a different one?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.