Screen only works in 640x480, Windows 64-bit

By kyzer
Mar 12, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi guys, I'd really appreciate if anyone could give me some advice.

I'm having a seriously frustrating problem with my computer monitor/graphics card.
    I have an LG flatron monitor. Every time I go to start my computer it switches off and the message "analog power saving mode" appears on the screen. I can't turn it on after that, unless I restart windows in 640 x 480 resolution. When I do this the screen flashes with red lines and doesn't fit properly.

I've checked to make sure all the cables are tight, tried system restore when all else failed, I even tried updating my graphics drivers but I can't get very far because the screen will turn off just as they're finished updating.

The problem only occurred when I was sitting on a crappy cooking website which required no power from my video card at all. It was perfect for the last two years up until then. Help! :(

(Some additional details, that probably won't help at all)

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 7500 LE
    Chip Type: GeForce 7500 LE
    DAC: Integrated RAMDAC
    Approx total memory: 1017 MB
    Current Display Mode: 640 x 480 (32bit) (60Hz)

Main driver: nvd3dumx.dll,nvd3dum
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.0
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

The video card is probably dying... Time to invest in a little better card
  3. Dannyk0ed

Dannyk0ed TS Member Posts: 63

What is your System Specs, we can help you find a better card, what is your budget, and what do you need in a Graphics card?