Screen pixelating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what this is? My screen will just pixelate and get very blurry quite often and I have to restart the computer to fix it. I am wondering if I am in need of a new video graphics card or something else. Please help..... thanks.

A screenshot and complete system specs would be very helpful here.

There are many things that can cause the screen to go haywire. The first thing to look at are your video drivers. Make sure you are running the latest version for your display adapter and maybe check the core temp. Sometimes when a video card overheats it will either distort the screen or cut out all video. There is the possibility of what is called "artifacting" in which your best bet would be to buy a new adapter.

I also think it might be the graphics card overheating. You can try blowing out all the accumulated dust from the card. While you're in there, you may as well clean out the CPU heatsink and fan too.

I think it is...

It probably is the graphics card overheating, because it seems to happen whenever I run a video or lots of pics at one time. I will open it up and clean it out. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back