TechSpot

Screen randomly goes black virus?

By soclair
Jan 17, 2010
  1. Came across this board while trying to figure out if I have a virus. My screen will randomly go black and it just started yesterday. I have an Acer system running XP. I don't think is hardware related since my wife's laptop started the same thing yesterday. I'll leave that for another post. From reading your board I took the hijack this screen shoot of my system and was wondering if anybody could offer advice. Here's the file. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Attached Files:

2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

Please follow the steps HERE.

When finished, attach the 3 logs for review.

NOTE: Be sure to check the lines in both Malwarebytes and Superantispyware to remove what they find.

Please delete the HijackThis log. It is a Beta version. Download the correct version HERE. Rescan after the 2 previous programs and include a new log.

I'll see if anything needs to be removed in HijackThis, so you don't remove any entries in that.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.