Screw you Rockstar

gwailo247

So I just spent 40 hours playing GTA IV, got the very last part of the very last missions, and when I need to press space to get onto the helicopter, it doesn't work. I must have pressed it 30 times like a crack head, and nothing.

I fail the mission, log off, check various forums, and of course "known bug".

Apparently the problem is me being cutting edge and using a USB keyboard.

@#$! Grrrr.

Screw this. I'm going back to downloading games. If a game works well, I may end up paying for it after I complete it, but this was really the last straw for me.

/rant off

What about the [space] on the virtual keyboard?...or why not just put a crappy old wired keyboard in for that part, then switch back after?

Even better: Get a console. :D

Even better: Get a console. :D

I'm gonna hire someone on the Leeds Craigslist to throw a pie at you. =)

Apparently if I turn fraps on to record it should fix it. But man, was I pissed off.

I started playing Lost and Damned for a bit of a breather. Of course I was just treated to seeing my first penis in a non-sexual video game.

I'll give it to Rockstar, they certainly have their fingers on the pulse of society. Most of the stuff coming out of Brucie's mouth is pure Charlie Sheen, and Stubbs certainly reminds me of Weiner. Can't wait to play the Ballad of Gay Tony.

What keyboard do you have? The drivers for my logitech keyboard automatically install a virtual PS/2 driver and something like that shouldn't be a problem if you also have the latest drivers for your keyboard.

I'm gonna hire someone on the Leeds Craigslist to throw a pie at you. =)

Apparently if I turn fraps on to record it should fix it. But man, was I pissed off.

I started playing Lost and Damned for a bit of a breather. Of course I was just treated to seeing my first penis in a non-sexual video game.

I'll give it to Rockstar, they certainly have their fingers on the pulse of society. Most of the stuff coming out of Brucie's mouth is pure Charlie Sheen, and Stubbs certainly reminds me of Weiner. Can't wait to play the Ballad of Gay Tony.

If it was a pie with meat in it, I'm game for that :D

First nudity i saw in a game was in The Getaway for the PS2; some topless ladys.

I really liked the "jib" to GTA 4; the characters, the script. Pity they left alot of fun out of the gameplay though.

Thanks for the insightful tip here Benny, have to look up this title next time I'm at Gamestop! :)

If i'm honest, I can't think of another PS2 game that has any nudity in it apart from The Getaway.

I find it odd that there is a big lack of nudity in the 18+ games of today, especially since films are full of it.

Plenty of gruesome murders (using pretty much every object you can think of), plenty of drug dealing, loads of swearing, ect...

But nudity seems to be something games avoid, for some reason.

Back