Script issue in Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy45

A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you wish to about this script?

So how do I stop this from coming up every single time, I visit cnet's website & watch their videos, this error pop up & it drivers me crazy, so let me know how do stop it but allow me to watch videos on cnet's website.

Try this:

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

I see

And.. what about IE does that work?

Now to save the Yes reply and then my reply, and then your reply
Here we are right now :)

Please un-install Firefox
Maybe save all your bookmarks and all

Go to Adobe.com and re-download Flash Player
Then run CCleaner
Then restart
Then download and install Firefox
Then try the movie again
:)

well it didn't work maybe there is a way to change I can make with about:config?
Also is there a way to reset about:config to factory defaults?

well it work this error doesn't come up at all, so I was wondering is there a website that can tell what all the entries in about:config mean, so I know which on I should change & what it will do for my experience on Firefox?

Just a note from experience. I also use Firefox and I also have a couple of sites that give the script issue. By no means is it anything more than a minor annoyance. But I have not made changes in about:config. I would rather leave the setting alone if the problem is only one or two sites.

Now if it happened on ALL or MOST site, it would be different. It's very possibly that programming on CNET is the problem and not Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back