Scrolling Clicking Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

blshelby

I feel like pulling my hair out! I hope that someone can help or guide me in plain English that I can understand. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing works. Found this site by searching Google.

Here's the problem and what I have tried.

I use a mouse for scrolling & clicking.

For a few weeks now, I have noticed that when I scroll either downwards or sideways--- it pauses.

. Then it finally will scroll correctly. Same thing happens sometimes when I click a link. It pauses --almost like I didn't even click it all.

THought I just needed a new mouse-- so went out & got a brand new one--same thing happens.

Got rid of Spysweeper and switched to Trend Micro. Still the same problem.

Switched to Windows browser from Firefox---to see if the scrolling & clicking would be better---it wasn't.

Contacted my internet provider for whatever good that would do! :)

Anyway, this is so annoying and is slowing me down — I am asking for someone's help ---please?

Any ideas in PLAIN ENGLISH that I can understand to help solve the slow clicking & scrolling?????

Pretty please??????????

Thanks for any help or guidance.

Have a look at:

Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

It may also be an issue with your Ram, you could try Memtest for that

Mind you, if you run CCleaner and turn off as many not required Startups it may help

Although I've stated doing the above (which I would)
There is the possibility it's a faulty HardDrive that requires CheckDisk on your system Xp or Vista. Or possibly a Drive Diagnostics on your HardDrive

Other possibilities:
Computer/Motherboard drivers requiring updating
CPU overclocked, or running too hot, or damaged
Mouse connection faulty, or Motherboard issue

I think I covered everything :)

Thank you very much for this info.

I did notice that when I use the keyboard's scroll bars--that seems to work fine. It's just when I use the mouse and I use my mouse alot! Not used to the keyboard's scroll keys.

Can this rule out any of the steps that I need to take?

Yes it points more towards Hardware connection (motherboard end)
You could just use USB mouse (here we go, it is a USB mouse isn't it?)

Wait a minute--- the mouse is what doesn't work right---but the keyboard's scroll keys (the arrows on the keyboard) work fine.

Where it plugs into the computer, is it USB
images

Or PS\2
images

?

The cable we're talking about

I KNEW IT !

Please purchase a USB (Optical) Mouse
There is an issue with your PS2 port on the motherboard

Let us know the results, (Note: purchase from anywhere these days)

I just purchased a new mouse and it is an optical mouse ---it has a thing that will fit directly in a laptop computer---but it also has an adapter for it to fit into the back of the desk top computer

The rectangular fitting will not fit into the back of my computer. The opening on the back of my computer is round. But on the cord or cable is a rectangular fitting with an adapter which will fit into my computer.

Does that make sense?

Are you saying that you do not have USB connection on the back of your computer?
If so, this must be a very old computer !

Wait, I do have one of those rectangular (ports?) on the front of the computer--should I try it there?

Yes I know that adaptor

And I am fully aware of your issue, now

Your Motherboard PS2 connection is faulty (and possibly the actual Motherboard in general, let alone the CPU and Ram)

You could purchase a USB PCI Card to mount in your computer, giving you USB access.

But I think it's time to throw the computer away and purchase a new (or used) computer (That has USB already)

I cannot help you any further on this vintage computer

The front USB is USB1.1
It might not work (and it might :) )

All new computers are USB2 (about 8 of them, minimum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back