Scrolling fatigue

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatearthling

How do i get web sites pages to display the entire page on my screen w/o having to scroll right to read the info? I use firefox but it did it on explorer and aol browsers too. I don't have a wide screen monitor.

Well a simple trick can be to hold your keyboard's left Ctrl button and use your mousewheel to zoom (in or out).

zoom out or change your monitor to a decent resolution. Most web pages are going to display just fine on a screen resolution of 1024 if the browser is maximized, maybe 1280. For example I think the relevant part of the forums is ~1100 pixels wide, and the actual text area less than that. What size monitor do you have?

You may increase you resolution on windows or/and you may use the zoom shortcut of you browser which is F11.

Thanks 4 reply

The control + wheel trick works great. I had tried resolution adjust and changing the size of text display. I cant believe i never knew about this as this problem has been bothering me 4ever. Thank u so much 4 the help. When viewing this page 4 example, i would have to scroll right to see if i had any replies to my posts.

Glad to hear that it is useful and help's you with regard to your web surfing/reading page

Have fun.

Yes definitely increasing the resolution will be the best solution but the problem is to know what Pc is he using and which graphic card inside.

dell dimension 2300 w/ 16" monitor and windows xp. The resolution was set at 600 x 800. It goes up in increments and the next one is 1024 x 768. some where in between would be ideal but it wont set there. I think i will leave it at 1024 and zoom in as needed instead of having to zoom out every time. This does seem to be more convenient. I do like the larger type in 800 x 600 though.I wish to thank everyone for their kind assistance.

1024 x 768 is fine for browsing etc.... But if you want everything well on display then you may go higher if you Pc let you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back