Scrolling waves on websites & emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodgreen

Scrolling on websites & emails looks like waves moving ( also on this website). When I scroll up or down on emails or websites, it does it in a slow wave horizontal motion, up & down. It is very annoying. How do I stop this.

The computer never did it before. I'm still trying to get my computer progragrams back after it died trying to fix my floppy drive.. I appreciate all the help.
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. 3500+ AMD Athlon, 1.0GB mem, 250 GB-HD, DVD+/_ burner. Internet Explorer 6.0.

So it is a desktop computer? Did you short something out trying to replace the floppy drive? Just what do you mean by "after it died trying to fix my floppy drive"? Did you replace the motherboard?

Sounds like you didn't install the graphics driver. If so, you may have neglected to install other drivers too.

t magic650
Look up topic plug & play floppy drive. That should answer your questions

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mailpup
I'll have to check out your idea. I've been trying to find updates -drivers, etc.
There is a yellow mark on VGA- in device driver.

t magic650
Look up topic plug & play floppy drive. That should answer your questions

--------------------------------------------------------------

If you're not going to take the time to explain, I don't need to know. You came here for help. Take what you want. That yellow mark means that you DO NOT have the correct video driver installed. What is your motherboards model number? You said you are running Internet Explorer 6. This tells me that you are missing many critical Windows updates. Your correct video driver might be found in a hardware update within Windows Update when you run it. Also, XP is up to Service Pack 3

That yellow mark means that you DO NOT have the correct video driver installed. What is your motherboards model number? You said you are running Internet Explorer 6. This tells me that you are missing many critical Windows updates. Your correct video driver might be found in a hardware update within Windows Update when you run it. Also, XP is up to Service Pack 3
__________________---------------------------------------------------------------------------

TheYellow mark & the scrolling didn't appear until I tried to reinstall windows XP. It gave me IE#6 not IE#8 which I previously installed. Now I''ll have to Reinstall IE#7&8, if I understand it correctly.. I was set up for automatic updates. It looks like IE#7&8 have to be installed before I get anymore updates= Right.
The yellow mark was for display- VGA. I found a video driver for the video card. I installed the driver. And the scrolling has stopped. Thank You.

#5 16 Hours Ago
mailpup
TechSpot Evangelist Location: Los Angeles
System specs

Sounds like you didn't install the graphics driver. If so, you may have neglected to install other drivers too.

-----------------------------------------
TheYellow mark & the scrolling didn't appear until I tried to reinstall windows XP. It gave me IE#6 not IE#8 which I previously installed. The yellow mark was for display- VGA- under device manager. I found a video driver for the video card. It kept saying not to install it because it wasn't windows approved. I took a chance & I installed the driver. And the scrolling has stopped. and the yellow mark is gone. (It was for- nvidia ge force 8500gt).. Thnew card was for our Flight Simulator X. Thank You.

You don't have to install IE7, just go right for IE8 and service pack 3-with all the missing critical and hardware updates. It doesn't matter if you have Windows Updates set for "automatic", you are still missing a lot. Do the Windows Updates manually and choose Custom. You will be very surprized at how many updates there are

(When my computer crashed it went back to IE#6.)
Yesterday I tried to download IE#7 first because when I had IE#8 it slowed my computer down. (i previously had trouble with IE#8 & screen blinking = before my computer crashed).
The IE#7 that I downloaded, would not open up, it only blinked, so I removed it.
I need to know =Why IE#7 wouldn't it open, before I try again..

I have installed I E # 8.. It has been working, since I last posted.. I don't have anymore scrolling. IE#8 is also working. Thank You for your help. it is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back