SCSI/RAID Host Controller not functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethbest

Been trying to setup 2 new sata drives in a raid 0 array using the onboard raid controller on my Chaintech 7njl6 mobo with nforce 2 chipset. Finally got the drives recognized by downloading the samsung utility to scale them back down to 1.5 gb/s, got the array setup but windows does not recognise it.

Windows shows the SCSI/RAID Host Controller as new hardware and cannot find drivers for it, pulling up the found new hardware window on every start. I cannot find drivers for it on my own and the array isn't functioning otherwise. The array does not show up in disk manager or in my computer, but on boot the array is listed as healthy.

Been scouring the internet unable to find any drivers specific to my mobo, nforce 2, or the raid controller that is listed on boot "NVIDIA RAID 4.53 DRIVER".

I've overcome so many roadblocks getting it this far, would hate to have to tack nvidia support at this point.

Could this have something to do with the windows setup thing where it says f6 to load raid drivers? im not trying to put an os on the array, but i tried that anyways and it said i would have to have a specific disk for the device.

As i said i do not intend this array as a boot device. secondly at the rate of drive failures (actualy all hardware failures) that i have seen lately skyrocketing i dont see a raid 1 as a safe alternative either. Frankly this setup is 1 for me to play around with and 2 to store disposable media that can be retreived quickly.

When next I build a new system that can fully utilize the 3.0 gb/s drive speed then i may change my mind about useing these drives as a boot array, i have seen some pretty impressive numbers associated with boot raid0's that are implemented well, comparing them close to 10k rpm drives in speed, and much more price efficient.

A good tip kimsland but since its a 3rd party mobo the scan does not see it as an nvidia motherboard. I have dug up the drivers for this chipset and for the manufacturer but the drivers are only for multimedia, ethernet, usb, and a hotswap app, nothing for the SCSI/RAID Controller.

edit: actualy it may be because even under the nforce manual list it only supports nforce 4-7, and a few other wierd versions, no listing for nforce 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back