SDTrayApp.exe warning unremovable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. This is my first posting, so bear with me if I've posted in the wrong spot or whatever. The problem I'm having is I get a warning at boot-up: Sdtrayapp: SDTrayApp.exe - Application Error. When I click the OK button, I then get another warning: Application Error - Exception EAccess Violation in module ntdll.dll at 0002AE22. Access violation at address 7C92AE22 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address 77206576. When I press the OK button to that message, the first message reappears. One message is replaced by the other as many times as I wish to press OK. The best I can do is move the warning message to the corner of my screen so I can get some work done. I have Norton Antivirus, Anti-Spy and Firewall installed and I've tried (separately) using some other anti-spy/anti-adware and a couple of registry cleaners, but nothing seems to catch this problem. If anyone has any ideas, I'm wide open because I can't think of anything that can resolve this. Thanks much.

google for "sdtrayapp.exe - you will find plenty of resources. It is a trial install of Spy Doctor - tough.

Not all of the (in fact few of) the software packages advertised on the web are good - or even genuine. Stick to the known good ones mentioned by our experts on this site !

gbhall: You were right. I removed Spy Doctor, rebooted, and the warnings didn't pop up any more. Many thanks for the tip. That's a major headache I won't have any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back