Seagate FreeAgent external hard drive not showing up on Windows?

Have a external hard drive that was backed up on a macbook pro
using time machine. I try to take the files out that I put on a windows 7 PC
and it wont show up in My Computer.
But it does on device manager.
is there a problem with the external hardrive?

It is likely formatted as Mac OS Extended (journaled), HFS+. Windows can't natively read that.

"I try to take the files out that I put on a windows 7 PC" is a confusing statement. If you want to read the files on the drive from 7, you can't without a 3rd party tool. If you are just wanting to put stuff on there from the PC and don't care about the Mac backup, then just format the drive. Do that through Disk Management in the Admin Tools control panel.

[FONT=Arial]Have Seagate FreeAgent external hard drive when I plug it in shown in my devise manger but not shown in my computer to be able to explore it [/FONT]

I think you probably need to make your own thread for that. This one was for a drive not showing up in Windows but it was used on a Mac first. Macs will take a virgin drive and want to make it their native FS which Windows can't (naitively) read. If you never formatted it with a Mac, then I think you need to make a new thread. If you did use it on a Mac, the first part of my first response in this thread is your answer.

Back