TechSpot

Seagate HDD Format Issue

By MarquezME
Nov 13, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have two Seagates Barracuda 250gb and 500 gb on a EVGA Nforce 790i
    It all begin when i unistall an app on my windows XP SP2 last tuesday and right after that i got a BSOD so it restart and then i couldnt enter windows... i even tried to enter in safe mode but i got another BSOD.. I had 3 partitions on the 250gb HDD, 1 for XP, 1 for Vista (wich was empty atm) and another for storage.. so i installed Vista on the 2nd partition and it worked well for a day.. then i got another BSOD "Kernel_Stack_Inpage_Error" and after that it worked once more after many bootings but i got extremly slow so i had to reset... and after that after the post it says "HDD reading error" .. so i tried deleting both partitions but now i cant even format the HDD.. with XP boot cd it gets stuck in 0% on normal NFTS format and with Vista it gets stuck finishing the installation.. but it took like an hour installing :S...
    So i dont know if its a virus, the HDD or the motherboard or either ... so any help i would appreciate it . Thx
    PS: sry for my english xD!
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

3. MarquezME

MarquezME TS Rookie Topic Starter

well i did the test and it fails.. so i dont know what's happening.. i could install ubuntu but that's it.. but nothing with windows..
  4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

"HDD reading error"

Please replace the Harddrive
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.