TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Seagate launches 3TB Barracuda XT with legacy support

By Matthew
Mar 2, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Following Western Digital and Hitachi, Seagate is the third manufacturer to launch a 3TB internal 3.5-inch hard drive. The Barracuda XT has five platters with an areal density of 488Gb/inĀ², marking an improvement over the Deskstar's 411Gb/inĀ². Seagate's drive spins at 7200RPM and sports 64MB of cache as well as the SATA 6Gb/s interface -- though transfers peak at 149MB/s.

Read the whole story

2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

Windows XP x64 can handle it, but who in the hell would run that on their system? :)

3. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TS Enthusiast Posts: 544

But which computers can handle Windows XP x64, then? :)

Good point... UEFI better become mainstream soon, I'm so running out of storage space...

4. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,930   +186

I do, then again I'm kinda special :D

5. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,682   +86

I ran XPx64 for a long time, and without any hitch or issue ......until 7 came around :D

6. wizardB

wizardB TS Enthusiast Posts: 91   +16

I run XP64 with a 4gig gpt partition on no problem and I can see absolutely no reason to down grade my system to 7 at all!