Seagate ships 2TB SATA 3.0 hard drive, Barracuda XT

By Matthew
Sep 21, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seagate has refreshed its Barracuda line of hard disk drives with the Barracuda XT -- the world's first to market that supports SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s). The new interface spec doubles the theoretical bandwidth of SATA 2 (3Gb/s) -- which is what most drives are using today.

Read the whole story
  2. aaron86

aaron86 Newcomer, in training

I'm glad to see inovation like this from Seagate. I use to buy their hard drives but their 500GB and 1TB models received very poor ratings. So I have been using Western Digital Black drives for a while. 138MB/s is impressive but I would rather see tests done by users with HD Tune to see the average read rate. But I'm glad to see Seagate creating some competition for WD.
  3. poundsmack

poundsmack Newcomer, in training Posts: 74

glad to see SATA 3.0 starting to gear up here, but non SSD drives barely saturate the SATA 2.0 spec, if any do. the difference here is the cache of 64mb and that will benefit from SATA 3.0. All in all I am glad seagate is back on the bandwagon.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.