Inactive Search engine redirect virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I've been reading thru some forums and I've already ran ComboFix and am in the process of scanning with EST. What logs should I post and how should I proceed please?

Thanks!

I already saw some forums where they were advised to run combofix and EST. I've done both. Now what?

This is one of the reasons there are stickies on almost every forum not to run Combofix unless instructed to be your helper. I will be glad to help, but you run only what I ask you too and you begin with the steps in our thread:

Please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

Combofix is noted, including on this site, that it should not run unless your helper tells you to run it. While we do run some of the same programs for users, the 'when' to run them and the what to do with the results are only for the person on that thread.
===============================================
My Guidelines: please read and follow:
  • Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time and I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
  • Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me.
  • If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
  • Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
  • Observe these:
    [o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
    [o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
    [o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.
  • Please let me know if there is any change in the system.
If I have not replied for 2 days, you can send me a PM reminder. Include the URL of your thread. Please do not send me a PM to tell me your logs are up.
If I don't get a reply from you in 5 days, the thread will be closed. If your problem persist, you can send a PM to reopen it.
=====================================
Please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

Please note: If you have Combofix on the desktop already, please uninstall it. You will be given a link and instructed to run it if it's appropriate and at the appropriate time bu me.
  • Click START> then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
'
Please keep all logs and comments for this problem on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back