Search engine results redirected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I just followed the 8 step Malware removal steps here: https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updated-4-step-viruses-spyware-malware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/[/URL]
Due to some sort of infection that most notably was redirecting all of my Google searches when I clicked on them.

Thanks for taking the time to post that very helpful information. The steps caught 80 or so things that McAfee had missed.

I've attached the 3 logs as requested.

Any further help is very appreciated.

Thanks again.

The redirecting problem is now gone and no new windows are popping up suddenly anymore so I assume that I got whatever it was.
Anyone have a chance to look at the logs? Can I more or less assume that I'm ok now?

Thanks.

Hi tmassure,

Please do not assume you are clean, we still have to check the logs in case there are any problems. Will post when done.

Assuming that you restarted your computer to clean out the Viruses removed from Malwarebyte's, you have 1 problem consisting according to HijackThis. Please re-open HijackThis, and click System Scan Only. Then check off the following to be fixed.
Once you have done that close it and open it again and scan it with the log. Post your log after to make sure it was removed.

It was the HijackThis says you are clean. That is utter nonsense, you are obviously using automated analysers to explain the results, if you cannot read logs without these then you shouldn't be offering advice.

I can read the logs... I didn't mean it physically said "You are clean.". I meant, there were no found nasty files, but just saying it differently.

IE stopped redirecting after the initial 8 step cleaning, but I still removed the file you spotted in the Hijack this log.

Thanks.

Th redirection may have been resolved, but there is no way the system is clean! IT was badly infected with Trojans and Backdoor bots- one run of Malwarebytes is not going to handle all of that!

Please change all of your passwords and monitor any financial transactions you do on the internet.

I strongly suggest you remover this site from the Trusted Zone:
*.line6.net

If you are interested in finishing the job, please do the following:
Please download ComboFix HERE:
  • With ComboFix, at the download window, please rename it to Combo-Fix(.exe) before downloading it.
  • Please disable all security programs, such as antiviruses, antispywares, and firewalls. Also disable your internet connection.
  • Run Combo-Fix.exe and follow the prompts.
    (Understand that things like your system clock changing and your desktop disappearing might happen. Do not worry, because all will be restored later.)
  • Wait for the scan to be completed.
  • If it requires a reboot, please do it.
• After the scan has completed entirely, please post the log here. The log will be located at C:\ComboFix(.txt)

Notes:

• 1.Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
    2. ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making I-E the default browser.
    3. Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CD, floppy and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you -- please tell your helper.
    4. CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.

Attach report in next reply.

Rescan with HijackThis and paste new log into next reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back