TechSpot

Search Engines Redirect me to Spam Sites and Random Sites

By soccerkillr95
Mar 10, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have IE(latest version) Firefox(3.07) and Google Chrome. When i go on Firefox, or IE, or GC, and go to either Yahoo or Google search engine, and search something, and CLICK the link, it redirects me to random websites, usually YellowPages. If i copy and paste the link off of Google and put it in my address bar, it takes me to the site just fine. I contacted my ISP for assistance, and they decided that it wasn't a virus. They had me Reset IE, and IE works again, with searching. Google Chrome works again. But, Mozilla doesn't They had me uninstall Mozilla, and reinstall it, and it was still the same problem. Can anyone help me? My computer HAS been going a little bit slower than usual, so i hope it isn't a virus. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
  2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

You should take the system through the Virus and Malware Cleaning, attach the three logs and get help with the entries.

Instructions here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

Redirects are usually due to malware.
  3. soccerkillr95

soccerkillr95 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks, i tried to download a few of the programs in the 8-step list, and this virus that i have doesn't let me download ANYTHING. Can anyone please help?
  4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

Which one of the three browser you have is set as the default?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.