Search of a Outlook search tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody

I am in search of another new outlook search tool. Normally we worked in our company with lookout but this doesnt work anymore since we have windows vista!
We really need a new search tool necassarily, so if anybody has an idea or knows a good tool let me please know!!
It would be great if the tool is similar to lookout!!

Thanks a lot!

hi,

i have similar problems as souris11, and just looked for the links bobbye announced.

has anybody positive experiences with one of these tools?

any favourite?

i don´t want to test all, too much work ;)

thanks in advance, dan

Hey

i know xobni and desktop search but dont like both of them! The search results arent that what i am searching for and xobni is very slow too, it also slows your outlook and pc really down, so nothing for me!
But has anbody experience with lookeen? i read the article at the homepage of lookeen and it sounds really great...but would be nice to hear from somebody who tried or works with it!!

Since no one has replied as having experience, why don't you try it and come back an tell others how it is? It would be nice if we could all receive reviews on software we are considering, but that is not always the case. Maybe you could be first for "Lookeen".

As for
The search results arent that what i am searching for
You are certainly free to do your own search.

ok as you said i tried lookeen! i downloaded the 14 day free version and just have to say that i am very satisfied so far...i just have a few days but it is really great. the search is reliable, brings the right results and really really fast. its the best i tried till now and just can recommend it! another plus point is that it searchs in attachments, appointments and adresses!
Really good tool!

Thank you for bring your experience back to TechSpot. Now other looking for this can benefit from your information. I am glad to hear the experience was good.

hi,

i just wanted to report my experiences.

xobni:

good tool, for free, but makes your machine a bit slow, does not start with outlook, to much features which are not really needed. i miss the central function: searching e-mail content in outlook.

GDS:

also for free, but more for the whole machine, not specialized for outlook, speed is ok,
anyway,i do not really trust google, sorry...

Lookeen:

my favourite up to now. fast, arranges the search results in diffenent groups (all, mails, attachments (...))
works with exchange servers, public mailboxes and much more...
all in all my favourite.
little disavantage: not for free, but there is a 14-day-trial version.

i hope this experiences will help some people to come to a decision.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back