Search Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

richncali

I'm doing an antivirus scan and it found 22 Adwares regarding Search Settings...what are these and do I really need them? If not, how would I get rid of them?

We need to know which security software you're using for the scanning.
When you run a scan, a log file is created. When you reply to this message, click 'go advanced' under the window in which you are creating the message, then click on the paperclip next to the happy face at the top of the window, and attach the log. If you need more info, look at step 8 of this procedure...
https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

When attempting to install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, I kept getting a window to install STOPzilla...I uninstalled this program earlier but it seems I still have it in my system, why is that?

I kept getting a window to install STOPzilla...I uninstalled this program earlier but it seems I still have it in my system, why is that?

This is strange, I just uninstalled Stopzilla last week and haven't had a problem. How did you uninstall it? What scans have you done so far?

I'm in the www.geekstogo.com site and someone else had the same problem...I'm told by the geeks to go into "run", type "prefetch", enter and then delete all the files that come up. Then do a "clean disk", "defrag". After completing all this, I still have STOPzilla in my contl panel.. it keeps coming back!

richncali, if you are still having the problem, you might want to go to this Virus and Malware site for help.

Once there, please follow the steps HERE

Several of us who help out on TechSpot are temporarily not doing the cleaning and things are getting stacked up. You will need to run the programs and leave the logs there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back