Second passcode bypass flaw discovered in iOS 6.1 this month

By Shawn Knight
Feb 26, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple released iOS 6.1.2 one week ago to address, among other things, a flaw that allowed anyone to bypass the iPhone passcode lock screen and access select data on the device. But much to the dismay of Apple, yet another...

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,966   +728

3. m4a4

m4a4 TechSpot Addict Posts: 517   +138

So busy trying to lock out jailbreaking that they forget to bug test important features...
  4. There are flaws since ios beginning so I don't think it's something unwanted from them.
    They want to sell the phone to jailbreaking market more than sending these people back to competitors.
  5. Uvindu

Uvindu TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 153

Hmm kinda smart. Get everyone to the latest iOS version, including the people who want to jailbreak their devices, since jailbreaking is possible on the current latest iOS. Then somehow a very serious "bug" props up. Apple, then releases an unjailbreakable version of iOS which fixes this serious bug and at the same time, downgrading to other versions is disabled on the Apple Servers. The serious "bug" would cause everyone to want to upgrade to the latest iOS, even if there is no Jailbreak. Apple's Jailbreak problem solved...

Of course, I'm making the utterly horrible assumption, that the new version of iOS would be unjailbreakble... Also there are ways to downgrade to older version of iOS even after Apple servers stop verifying the old ipsw files...
  6. adamsmith0123

adamsmith0123 Newcomer, in training

Maybe apple planned this in the first place.
    Uvindu likes this.
  7. I've had countless times people who own/want Apple products say "They don't get viruses." Well they way the world is now by having a "computer" in the palm of your hand they really need to look at the whole perceptive and realize they people are the true virus. If people want to get into something bad enough they will.

I'm not in the cult of Apple, but I agree with Steve on this. They need to stop trying to stop jailbreaking and work on improving what they have.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.