Secunia PSI problem

circusboy01

Help. My Secunia PSI icon, down on the lower tray, by the time says that My Google Chrome needs an update. But when I go to my GC it does not show any upgrades available, and I just updated to the 21.something not too long ago. Secunia is supposed to show you when something needs updating by changing from green to red. Thus reminding you to keep everything updated, to help keep Viruses, Malware and other nasties away. ..I think there is a Google Chrome Beta upgrade available. But I don't do Beta's, and I don't think Secunia shows beta Updates.
Does anybody know if there is a GC update available? Thanks.

Ok, I had a similiar situation with Firefox. Do you by chance use Erunt ?
I'll wait for your reply before going further,if thats ok.?

Ok, the reason I asked,is because in my case , IF you have version 2
FINDING A FILE PATH USING PSI

VERSION 2

From the DASHBOARD page click on SCAN RESULTS.

1. This will list all your programmes with a + to the left of each programme.
2. Click the + sign next to the item that you want help with.
3. This will reveal the path under DETECTED INSTANCES.
4. Below DETECTED INSTANCES you will see this You can double click this row for additional information & options>double click it>a box will appear>look to the RIGHT & you will see TROUBLESHOOT REPORT in BLUE writing under the heading TOOLBOX> click TroubleShoot Report & it will reveal some information in a box>highlight the information revealed from ---START--- to ---END--- & copy it (CTRL+C) then post it to the Forum (CTRL+V)

VERSION 3
This version does not have such an easy method to publish the path.

Open PSI>once open select Show Programs.
You will now see a page full of programme icons or a list.
Right click on the programme in error>select Show Details - that will open a box showing the path & version number of the offending file.
You now have 2 options:
1. Write down the exact file path & install version - return to the Forum & type that information.
2. Take a screen shot & publish that.

OK, in my case it was It shows C:\WINDOWS\ERDTN\cache ver. 9.0.1.4371

So here is what I had to do.
PSI or a vendor install will never update that - You are using or have used a backup programme called ERUNT.

It can be safely deleted.

DELETING A FILE OR FOLDER

VERSION 2

1. Open PSI>Scan results.

2. Against the programme marked as vulnerable is a + sign to the left of it.

3. Click that & it will reveal DETECTED INSTANCES.

4. Below that are two yellow folders. Click the one WITHOUT a red dot.

5. That will open Windows Explorer & You will be able to see the vulnerable file.
C:\WINDOWS\ERDTN\cache ver. 9.0.1.4371

6. Right click on that file & select delete.

7. Carry out a full PSI scan & all should be in order.

VERSION 3

Open PSI>once open select Show Programs.

You will now see a page full of programme icons or a list.

Right click on the icon that represents the programme in error>select Show Details - that will open a box showing the path & version number of the offending file.

Double click on C:\WINDOWS\ERDTN\cache ver. 9.0.1.4371

That will open Windows Explorer & U will see that file. Right click on it & select delete.

Run a full PSI scan & the problem should be resolved.

I wish you well.

If the Erdnt file isn't the problem, you might want to check this page, start on Fig. 4:
Note: The Figure #s below are image links. Full explanation here: http://www.quepublishing.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1753972
  • To see details on programs click on plus sign(+) as in the Google Chrome item in Figure 4 shows.
  • Then double click the final line in the Google Chrome display pane.
  • This additional detail is shown in Figure 5.
  • This is an anomaly occasionally in Secunia PSI -see Figure 6

Learningmypc,, and Bobbeye.

In Bobbeye's post I clicked on Figure 4 and 5. No help. Clicked on Figure 6. Showed me that the GC problem had been fixed with a patch,but, now Teamviewer needed an update. Updated it, and now my little icxon is green again.
Learningmypc I didn't just ignore your instructions. I went with Bobbey's instructions first, because they were easier to follow.
Had they not worked I would have followed your instructions ;0)

Back