Security Center reports more than one anti-virus program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habylab

This isn't a problem, but I have this in the virus section of the Security Center, and I just want to have it report the one ant-virus program that I have, Norton Internet Security.
I think it may have something to do with Spyware Doctor...

I have done that now, and Security Center is now reporting that no anti-virus nor firewall is running, so i have had to tell it that I am monitoring it, to stop it from pooping up. Can I fix this, because Norton is clearly running in the taskbar, even thought it isn't picked up to start at start-up only the service is.

EDIT: Just noticed something else Norton related. LiveUpdate is showing up twice in add/remove programs, with different versions. This may be due to installing an update that I saw, that wasn't installed, that hasn't gone over the original. I think Internet Security has a separate one, because when i run the other one, it doesn't detect Internet Security.

If you rebooted and Norton isn't detected as 'running' or 'installed' by Security Center, just stay offline and uninstall Norton, reboot, reinstall.

Me, I'd use the Norton removal tool they provide for the uninstall.

You can only install it 3 times, but It is worknig fine now, I ma keeping it how it is.

You can edit the registry and remove that entry;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310750

As a side not, go into Control Panel Admin Services and turn OFF Security management and Security Center.

Reboot.

Turn them back on.

Reboot.

Any difference in the status of the Norton detection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back