Seeking a good graphics card

Ultiweap

Hello all of you,

I'm actually seeking for a good graphic card but I don't really know what to choose. I want to play lot of games like Crysis, Assassin's Creed, Dirt and other good games meaning also good graphics. I don't want to buy on that I will need to change shortly due to the fact one or more games cannot be played on it.

You can get access to my system specs. I have a PCI Express x16 Port on my mobo.

Thanks in advance for all your help
amagnien

Your total budget, and your PSU will define what you should get.

However, any very good graphics card is going to be hitting the limit of performance vs. your CPU with your setup, so I wouldn't go too mad.

Its also very important (read essential) that we know what the total wattage of your PSU is, and preferably also the manufacturer of it. Your current PSU may be incapable of powering even a budget GPU currently.

It is also beneficial to know what resolution you currently game at, what resolution you would like to play at (if you wish to change it) and what sort of settings you currently use (e.g. low, medium etc) as certain graphics cards are better at different resolutions than others due to the target audience they're marketed for.

My budget is about $125 but I do not know the brand of my PSU and the model...

Can you help me even that?

Most people would need to know what psu you currently have to suggest a decent graphics card. Is this a prebuilt system? You should be able to open the case and there's as sticker on the power supply with detailed information.

Here is the problem you are going to have , you sound as if you play modern games and want to make use of the latest graphics (DX11). This (or the like) is the best you will be able to do for your $125 budget, however it requires a 450w PSU to operate. You may be able to get away with a quality 400w PSU, but if your PSU is very old and or is part of am OEM machine it wont cut it, and you may want to upgrade it as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150447&cm_re=hd_5770-_-14-150-447-_-Product
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150447&cm_re=hd_5770-_-14-150-447-_-Product

Back