Sega inks deal with online retailer to bring themed laptops to Japan

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Many moons have passed since Sega last produced any gaming hardware. The company has instead been content with their role as a third-party software developer, much to the dismay of Sega diehards worldwide. Those looking to get one last fix, however, may want to turn their attention to Japan as Sega has struck a deal with online retailer Ebten to produced a Sega-themed laptop.

The systems in question, known as the Sega Note PC, will be a limited run featuring four distinct lid designs. Potential suitors will have their choice of the Mega Drive (Genesis), Sega Saturn or Sega Dreamcast theme while a fourth design will simply feature the Sega logo. We are told that the lids will be removable and can be purchased separately so collectors will be able to buy all four if they so desire.

sega-themed laptops coming japan sega laptop

Those purchasing a full package will find Sega wallpapers, icons, music and themes loaded on the hard drive. Escapist Magazine says the notebooks will ship with a 15.6-inch display that’s capable of 1080p video playback with several different software configurations.

Expect to pay around $1,000 for an entry level model with a Pentium processor, 500GB HDD and 4GB of RAM.  The most expensive system will cost closer to $2,100 and include a Core i7 3670QM processor, 120GB SSD and 8GB of memory. There will only be 50 version of the majority of configurations. Pre-orders will be taken through March 31

Permalink to story.

Being apart of the elite club of gamers who actually owned a Saturn and a Dreamcast, I am really excited to see these laptop. Too bad we won't see these in the states.

Being apart of the elite club of gamers who actually owned a Saturn and a Dreamcast, I am really excited to see these laptop. Too bad we won't see these in the states.

I hope you are joking about the "elite club" thing.

Back