TechSpot

SEK'D 5.3 drivers impossible to get hold of

By Lokalaskurar
Oct 3, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Greetings everyone.

The title more or less speaks for itself.
    I restored a computer with a magnificent soundcard inside, an SEK'D 5.3. Only problem is that XP won't recognize it. I have the CD-ROM with the drivers, but I also need a floppy disk which is required for full installation.

I contacted the one responsible for the SEK'D driver-distrubution in my country. Only problem was that he sort of perished for more than 10 years ago, I was told.

I've also contacted the SEK'D customer-contact in the US, but I don't know if they even care about what I have to say...

And thus, I need to find a retail-distrubution of that floppy (named "Prodif", btw).
    Where on Earth should I look for the files or the disk-image? I am (even) willing to buy that floppy-image!

2. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

1)
    • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
    • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
    • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
    • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
    • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
    2) Generate and attach a DirectX report
    • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
    • Notice progress in lower left window corner
    • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
    • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

3. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 544

Now before I diagnose my PC...

I must admit that I was not specific enough; the floppy I'm looking for is close to certainly required for installation. The setup.exe file on the CD-ROM has the drivers I need, but only part of them. (Much alike a "trial-software")

Once activated, the setup.exe file gives me the option of choosing which drivers I want (i.e. capture audio, play audio et cetera). But all of the options are labeled with * = " *Prodif-floppy required for full installation."

In other words, without the floppy, the SEK'D-card will only work within a trial period (30 days).

I'll resume diagnosing with MS-information32 and DirectX-diagnostics now...

4. mike1959

mike1959 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,026   +51

Sound card drivers

I found this page that lists some drivers that may do what you want, but I don't know the equipment you quote. The files you want are on a floppy disc, and so is a chance they are 16 bit drivers and could cause problems on an XP system. But the name SEK'D and PRODIF 88 is on the site so good luck.
    http://www.plus24.net/sekd/default.asp

5. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 544

Right, thanks for looking, but these were not the drivers I needed. I did however gain an important clue due to your research; I simply require some files: "Sam2496E.udp", "RR50E.udp" and "Sam45E.udp".

I'll be looking for these myself for now, but if anyone feels tempted enough to assist me in my hunt, you're welcome to help!