Selection of more than four files leads to hang of window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

My computer is intel pentium -4 having 256mb ram with windows XP media center edition sp-2. When I select more than four files and do 'right click' it gives an error message and all the running applications is terminated.I have check event viewer and got the details which are attached below.

Please help me to get rid of this problem.

Hi!

My computer is intel pentium -4 having 256mb ram with windows XP media center edition sp-2. When I select more than four files and do 'right click' it gives an error message and all the running applications is terminated.I have check event viewer and got the details which are attached below.

Please help me to get rid of this problem.

I am uploading a file having name new error message which contains full information............
Please have a view of this and give needful help.....................................Waiting for response

Event ID 1000
Source: Application error
Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.3156, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.3520, fault address 0x00010f1e.

Thank you for using the Event Viewer. Please see this for a resolution to the error:
Error Message Occurs When File is Right-Clicked, or Problems Occur When Opening Certain Files in Autodesk or Discreet Products:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824136

Scroll down to the Windows XP Service Pack and Hotfix information. Note this:
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.

For the next time you need to use the Event Viewer,. you may find the following a bit easier:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:

• [1]. Click to open the log>
    [2]. Look for the Error>
    [3] .Right click on the Error> Properties>
    [4]. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow >
    [5]. Paste here (Ctrl V)
    [6].NOTES
    • You can ignore Warnings and Information Events.
    • If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed.
    • You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
    • Please do not copy the entire Event log.

Errors are time coded. Check the computer clock on problem.

Doing this eliminates the need for an attachment and gives all the information.freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back