Selling computer, what should I price this computer at?

This is my ad.Please let me know if you guys think this is a good price or not. Thanks

AMAZING DEAL PRICE FOR EVERYTHING BOUGHT RETAIL IS OVER $1000!!

I am selling my computer, my monitor, games, my mouse and keyboard

I custom built this computer in January/2011. It is blazing fast. It will run any and all programs with ease. Adobe Photoshop, the lastest games on max settings like sc 2, crysis 2. world of warcraft. I have yet to come across anything that will slow it up.

here is a list of everything inside.

Case - COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN2 CM690 II Advanced
OS - windows 7 home premium 64bit version
Processor - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition (processor)
Processor fan - ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
Memory - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory
DVD/CD - ASUS 24X DVD Burner
Power Supply - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard
Graphics card - EVGA GTX460
Monitor - samsung monitor syncmaster 2243 22"
Keyboard - g15 keyboard
Mouse - Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse G400

here is a list of the pre loaded games on the computer.

crysis 2
league of legends
world of warcraft, bc, wotlk and cataclysm
rift
the sims medieval
adobe photoshop cs5

AMAZING DEAL PRICE FOR EVERYTHING BOUGHT RETAIL IS OVER $1000!!

I don't see your price?

I think asking for a price on a tech forum probably isn't going to yield you what you want to hear. People that are going to be qualified (or feel they are) will post numbers way lower than what those parts retail for. Simply because we know what they are worth retail, and we like the satisfaction of building ourselves.

It may well be worth $1000, but, I wouldn't buy that for any more than say... $300. I built, on a super budget, a system for my GF (in Feb 2011) that was half the ram, slightly less processor, and no monitor for $310. Sure the vid card bumps that up a bit, but again, its used parts...

So I think what I'm trying to say is, this is a tough crowd. You won't hear the price you want to hear from us. I know you include a decent card and a monitor, so maybe bump up my offer a bit, but not much. Most of us here recycle monitors on our upgrades.

Edit - Also, the included software/games don't mean much. It may mean a lot to the ebay crowd, but I'd just assume all of that is pirated - so I assign $0 value to it.

Maybe six hundred max for the parts.
Now the software. That's going to depend on how much people care about those.
I'd have to agree that they are all worth zero.
As for the OS, if it is actually a legitimate retail edition, you should provide a CD key with it. I'd ship it formatted with a fresh install.

I've built similar systems for some of my clients, if using what I built for them as a premise to judge the price for your system, I would have to say somewhere in the ball park of $500.00 "top's"!

The day's of the "air of mystery" are almost gone for computers, also gone are the days that only a select group of people built computers and kept a lot of that information private & secret, therefore driving and keeping assembly prices high. Now a day's a kid, with a cheap computer and Internet connection, to use as a reference and a Fry's Electronics's around the corner can build systems, therefore driving the once "high" price for what was once a luxury item down to a level where "everyone can afford them"!

$500.00 "top's"!

Also shipping a computer with all those games and such, I wouldn't do it, I ship all my built for client systems with a fresh hard drive format, a fresh O.S. install and maybe a office program of their choice, that's it!

Since adobe photoshop cs5 is on sale at Amazon for $670 it is very hard for me to understand how you did that for $1,000.
Personally i think he is jerking our chain or selling pirated software.

Yeah - $500 for the hardware - and I'd remove that software if I were you. Photoshop is obviously pirated... and there are keys tied to both Rift and WoW that make these useless if you've ever used those keys for your account. Software probably gets you $0 in my book too... I'd be wary buying a computer from someone and assuming the software was legit on it. Even the OS would worry me and the first thing I'd do is format.

All I see when I read through this is:
Decent keyboard, video card, psu and case. The rest is quickly forgotten.

I agree with LNCPapa on this one. I would not but the whole system for no more $500. I aslo agree that the software is also not a sellable option at this point. If anything backup the HDD and Zero the drive, not just format it.

Zero it completely.

I don't quite agree, he has a decent monitor and CPU cooler too.
Even though I don't like them, his mouse is not cheap either.
Those at least, are not really outdated, just used.

For someone who is simply looking for a computer to play games, doesn't have a lot of cash, and isn't planning on upgrading for a while, I think $600 is a reasonable price for all of this, assuming the windows 7 is a legitimate retail edition.

Back