"Send To" menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovewerx

i want to send a file to a new folder. how can i add "new folder" (as in right click menu) to the Send To menu??

In XP it is C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\SendTo
Then you just create your own shortcuts. I forget what it is in 98/ME.

Originally posted by SNGX1275
In XP it is C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\SendTo
Then you just create your own shortcuts. I forget what it is in 98/ME.

C:\WINDOWS\SendTo

Since Win9x does not have user profiles as such. I think it has mickey mouse ones, but nothing like the real ones in the NT like operating systems like NT, Win2000, XP....

thanks but i've tried that in win2k and it leads to a dead end...

i'll explain it a different way:

1. when you right click an empty area a menu appears. that menu has a "new" option. selecting the "new" option opens a sub-menu. this sub-menu has options such as "new folder" and "shortcut".

2. when you select "new folder" a new folder appears. then you can rename it and fill it with files.

i want to send a file to a new folder instead of creating the folder and then moving a file into it. thus i want to generate a new folder by sending a file to it...

i want to send a file to a new folder instead of creating the folder and then moving a file into it. thus i want to generate a new folder by sending a file to it...

But if you do it that way, won't you just end up with a bunch of folders named "New Folder, New folder 1" etc ?

What kinds of files are you sending ? Can't you go and make the folders you want then transfer your files to folders you already have made ?

the idea would work similarly to the way the right click menu creates new folders except the new folder will have content and then i would name the folder. just like i'd name it if i used the right click menu.

i use alot of audio files for projects...organizing them is a pain in itself...this shortcut would make the process simpler by allowing me to select several files on-the-fly and move them to a new folder in 3 steps: 1. select files>2. rt click send to>3. name the folder vs. 1. rt click create new folder>2. name the folder>3. select files>4. drag/drop onto the folder.

it may not seem like much to you but it would help me alot...

You might try the "Send To X" power toy, it is the one for 98 but I've heard it works under 2K and I know it works on XP.

You can send a file to a folder that doesn't exist by simply typing in the location and name of the folder you want to create and it will tell you it doesn't exist and ask if you want to create it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back