Send videos over HDMI to TV and downconvert to RCA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

I have a Radeon HD 4830 from Sapphire (running PCI v. 1.0 on older mobo even though card is 2.0)

Anyway it has three ports, the DMI, VGA, and HDMI. I use dual monitors so the DMI and VGA are taken. I have a little 13" TV near my desk and thought it would be cool if there were a way I could send videos to play on it. And the HDMI port is what is left.

So a couple questions, is there a way to downconvert any video, like with GOM player or any other, and send such a signal over HDMI and convert it to RCA for the TV?

My guess is there is probably no way I can send video to the TV and still use dual monitor. Or is there? Could I plug my widescreen LCD into HDMI and use the DVI or what? I'd love to send videos to the TV so I can work on both monitors.

Thanks

HDMI to Monitor 1, DVI to Monitor 2, VGA through an adapter to RCA to TV. I think a couple of my old video cards had a cable adapter to go from VGA to RCA so that is your best bet. HDMI to RCA is probably possible, but it would be a lot less elegant.

Looks like for most video cards they only support two outputs at once.
Guess the only option is to install a 2nd video card with an actual TV-out port and use that as a 3rd monitor.

Meh, not worth the hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back